9th Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards ceremony held in New Delhi
New Delhi, India, April 17, 2018: Enterprise Asia-- A non-government organization promoting entrepreneurship in the region honoured 22 Indian entrepreneurs for excellence in entrepreneurship, innovation in business and sustainable leadership. General VK Singh, Minister of State for External Affairs was the chief guest of the ceremony. The Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards were given away in different categories.
Among theleading the list of winners, three entrepreneurs were awarded under the specialcategory for their outstanding performance. Mr Ajay Piramal, Chairman ofPiramal Group was honoured with the Special Achievement Award. Mr ShekharBajaj, Chairman & Managing Director of Bajaj Electricals Limited and MrHari Om Rai, Founder & CMD of Lava International Limited were awarded theEntrepreneur of The Year Award in their respective Industries, Electrical andElectronics Industry and Manufacturing Industry.
Puttinglight on the awards, Mr William Ng, President, Enterprise Asia, says "Wecan say with certainty that the recipients of the APEA are like none others.Not only do they have to prove their entrepreneurial skills and experience inone of the toughest contests in the world, they also subject themselves to apledge to uphold the highest standards of entrepreneurship, which includesallegiance to the two founding pillars of Enterprise Asia, namely Investment inPeople and Responsible Entrepreneurship", says.
He furtherexplained, "The APEA is aimed at promoting entrepreneurship globally.Beyond recognizing the efforts of these entrepreneurs, we hope to encouragethem to continue taking their businesses to the next level in the currentdigitalization era, and in the process, providing more job opportunities to thepeople in the region, and help to drive the economy forward which is in alignto Enterprise Asia's purpose, Democratising Entrepreneurship,Institutionalising Sustainability and Empowering Innovation."
Over 250attendees were present at the by-invitation only gala, comprising of industryleaders, leading entrepreneurs and dignitaries including Dr Fong Chan Onn,Chairman of Enterprise Asia, President of Enterprise Asia, Mr. William Ng, MrAjay Piramal of Piramal Group and Mr Shekhar Bajaj of Bajaj Electricals Ltd.
Organized byEnterprise Asia, the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards, better known asAPEA, is a regional recognition program that aims to band leading entrepreneursacross the region to spur greater innovation, fair practises andentrepreneurship development.
The awardsare presented to top entrepreneurs across the region each year, with awardceremonies held in over 14 countries and markets, including India. Therecognition not only open doors to join an exclusive alumni of Enterprise Asia,but to be able to be part of one of the largest networking platform forbusiness leaders across Asia Pacific.
The APEA isoften compared to the Olympics for the stringent entry criteria and highlycompetitive judging parameters. Each nominee is subjected to a rigorous judgingprocess, including financial verification by an appointed audit firm andmandatory physical site audit and interview, culminating in a confidentialballoting process by Enterprise Asia's committee. This year, the awards'received close to 100 nominations and 22 winners across 11 industries wereselected.
RecipientList of Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2018 India
AjayPiramal, Chairman of Piramal Group
Entrepreneurof The Year Award
• Shekhar Bajaj, Chairman andManaging Director of Bajaj Electricals Limited for Electrical & ElectronicsIndustry
• Hari Om Rai, Founder & CMD ofLava International Limited for Manufacturing Industry
• Kaushik Mukhopadhyay, Founder,Managing Director & CEO for Avid India Pvt Ltd for Professional &Business Services Industry
• Sunir Kheterpal, CEO of AzureEntertainment Pvt Ltd for Media & Entertainment Industry
• Pradeep Cholayil, Chief ManagingDirector of Cholayil Pvt Ltd for Consumer Goods Industry
• Dipali Sikand, Founder of ClubConcierge Services (Ind) Private Limited for Hospitality, Food Service &Tourism
• Rajiv Gupta, Founder, President& CEO of Credforce Asia Limited for Professional & Business Services
• Anurag Choudhary, CEO of HimadriSpeciality Chemical Ltd for Chemicals & Plastics Industry
• Dr. Emandi Sankara Rao, CEO &MD of IFCI Ltd for Financial Services Industry
• Ashok Reddy, Founder & CEO ofLandmark IT Solutions Pvt Ltd for IT, Internet & Telecommunication Industry
• Saket Jindal, Managing Director ofMaharashtra Seamless Ltd (MSL) for Industrial & Commercial Products
• Khushru Jijina, Managing Directorof Piramal Finance & Piramal Housing Finance for Financial ServicesIndustry
• Amisha Vora, Joint ManagingDirector of Prabhudas Lilladher Pvt Ltd for Financial Services Industry
• Prateek Garg, Founder & CEO ofProgressive Infotech Pvt. Ltd. for IT, Internet & TelecommunicationIndustry
• V. Senthil Kumar, ManagingDirector of Propel Industries Pvt. Ltd for Industrial & Commercial Product
• Venkatraman Swaminathan, VicePresident & Country General Manager of Schneider Electric India &SAARC, IT Division for Manufacturing Industry
• Prakash Challa, Chairman &Managing Director, SSPDL Limited for Construction & Building MaterialsIndustry
• Suman Jyoti Khaitan, Founder ofSuman Khaitan & Co. and Khaitan & Partners for Professional &Business Services Industry
• Rajesh Somani - B.Com., F.C.A.,A.C.S., AMP(HBS), Managing Director & CEO of Swiss Singapore OverseasEnterprises PTE LTD for Trading & Wholesaling Industry
• Shri N.Sridhar, IAS, Chairman andManaging Director of The Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL) for Mining& Energy Industry
• Shrinivas Rao, CEO of VestianGlobal Workplace Services Pvt Ltd for Professional & Business ServicesIndustry