Academic and Research Integrity Conclave 2018 in Bengaluru on May 4, 2018
Bengaluru, April 25, 2018: Focusing on the role of academic integrity in modern day education, Turnitin is organising “Academic and Research Integrity Conclave 2018”, at Hotel Lalit Ashoka, in Bengaluru, on May 4, 2018. Academic integrity is an academic ethical code of conduct which students and faculty are expected to follow in the pursuit of educational excellence. Turnitin is an edtech provider and leader in academic integrity solutions for over 20 years, indexing over 65 billion web pages and 170 million journal articles, globally.
The keynote speaker during the event will be Dr. David Rettinger, President, International Center for Academic Integrity, U.S.A, along with academic heads from leading higher education institutions including Christ and SRM. The event will be hosted by Marc Daubach, CRO & SVP Customer Success, Turnitin LLC, USA.
Speaking about the conclave, Ashim Sachdeva, Regional Director - South Asia, TurnitIndia Education Pvt. Ltd., said, “The objective of the conclave is to discuss solutions for academic integrity and excellence in higher education system and research. The larger goal is to sow seeds to build a culture of excellence in education through critical thinking and original writing. The conclave will also discuss the global ecosystem and how India could encourage original thinking and research amongst students with different pedagogical intervention.”
Leading academicians and researchers from top institutions of India will be discussing on the role of academic integrity as an enabler of excellence in academia and research in India through discussions on two main themes: ‘Leveraging integrity for excellence in Higher Education’ and ‘Building a culture of research excellence through critical thinking & original writing.’
In India, more than 400 institutions subscribe to Turnitin’s cloud-based software services, including leading institutions like IISc, IITs and IIMs. Even research institutions like CSIR and ISRO employ its services to promote academic and research integrity.
The conclave aims toinitiate meaningful conversations about academic and research integrity inIndia, and its wider implications for academic and research excellence, byfocusing on:
1. Challenges and opportunities of theIndian academic and research ecosystem
2. Integrity as a pillar of excellence inacademia and research
3. Issues around academic integrity andexcellence including the challenges of promoting original thinking
4. Key pedagogical interventions requiredfor excellence in the higher education system
5. Best practices and technology tools tocheck content submissions
6. Facilitating environments to encourageresearch authorship and increase India’s research output
7. Implications and directions foradministrators and policy makers
At Bengaluru, the PanelDiscussions will comprise the following distinguished Guests of Honour:
· Prof.(Dr) S. Sundar Manoharan, ViceChancellor, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to beUniversity)
· Dr Anil Joseph Pinto, Registrar,Christ (Deemed to be University)
· Dr Sandeep Shastri, Pro ViceChancellor, Jain University
· Prof. S. Sancheti, Vice-Chancellor,SRM IST (Formerly SRM University) Chennai
· Dr. Dayananda Murthy C.P., RegistrarI/c, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University
· Dr. D. S. Suresh, Director,Channabasaveshwara Institute of Technology
· Prof Pati, Vice Chancellor, GangadharMeher University, Sambalpur.
· Prof. U. SIivakumar, Dean (i/c) -School of Post Graduate Studies, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
· Prof. (Dr). M Abdul Rahman, ProVice-Chancellor, APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
· In addition to the above panelmembers, over 30 other leading academicians and researchers have alreadyexpressed RSVP for event in Bangalore