Amazon.in opens 2018 with a blockbuster Great Indian Sale
Key Highlights Overall scale, Reach and customer response: • Amazon App was the most visited and most shopped destination as per Similarweb • According to Kantar IMRB – o Amazon.in had the highest share of orders with 2X more orders than nearest competition o Nearly double the number of transacting customers over nearest competitor in the Indian ecommerce industry • 1.7X new customers over a normal business day with 85% coming from Tier II, Tier III & below geographies Prime continues to thrill customers • Prime attracted new members from over 300 cities including Srinagar in North, Erode in South, Bhuj in West and Hooghly in East • Samsung A8+ and On7 Prime opened sales first to Prime members during Prime Early Access • Fire TV Stick sold over 15x compared to regular days, with 9 out of 10 devices being bought by Prime members
· Over3X customers use Amazon Pay balance to shop on Amazon.in
· TheDaily Average Usage for Amazon Pay balance increased by 3X during the first twodays of the Great Indian Sale
· 1out of 3 prepaid orders under INR 3,000 were placed using Amazon Pay balancemaking it the most popular instrument
· Numberof customers who added balance also increased by 3X
· Forthe first time ever, The Great Indian Sale witnessed the launch of 3blockbuster smartphones with new unique features
o Samsung’sGalaxy On7 Prime comes pre-loaded with the Samsung Mall and visual searchfeatures. Galaxy A8+ is Samsung’s first phone with Dual front Camera. OnePlus5T was available in a special edition Lava Red colour variant. Over a millioncustomers had expressed interest in these phones since the announcement
o Smartphonesoverall witnessed a record 6X increase with brands like Motorola, Samsung,Honor, Redmi, OnePlus and 10.or leading the growth. One Plus 5T, Moto G5S Plus,Samsung Galaxy A8+, Honor 7X, Redmi 4 and Redmi Y1 were the top sellers duringthe sale
o Honor’s View10 - the world’s first on-chip Artificial Intelligence phone launched justbefore the sale witnessed stellar sales.
o Customersused programs such as no-cost EMI and Exchange to shop. 1 out of 2 customersbuying OnePlus 5T exchanged their old devices in return and 1 out of 2customers buying premium smartphones like OnePlus 5T, Honor View 10, LG V30+,Samsung Galaxy A8+ took advantage of the No Cost EMI option
· LargeAppliances witnessed a strong growth of over 4.5X
o Mostpreferred brands during this sale were LG, Bosch, Whirlpool and BPL which saw6X to 8X growth
o Customerscontinue to get comfortable to even buy premium products as 1 in 2 washingmachines sold were front loading washing machines and 1 in 3 air conditionerssold were inverter air conditioners
o 1 in every 5refrigerators & washing machines sold was availed with an exchange offerwith customers getting up to 25% of product value in exchange value
o No cost EMIofferings were popular with 1 in 3 transaction using EMI option
· Televisionsgrew to 7X overall with exclusive brands TCL & BPL growing 8X. Smart TVsgrew 7X and premium brands like Sony, Samsung, Panasonic & LG grew 7X
· AmazonFashion grew to 2X the daily run rate with Flying Machine growing by 23X, PeterEngland by 13X, RedTape by 11X, US Polo, Puma by 7X, UCB, BIBA & UnderArmour by 6X when compared to daily run rate
o Kids'clothing grew 4X, Precious Jewellery grew 5x, Sportswear grew 5x, Shoes grew7x, Sunglasses grew 3.5x and Watches grew 2.5x
· Beautyenthusiasts shopped for 3.5X more Skin Care than a normal day in 2017 withNivea and Lakme seeing highest sales growth. Men’s deodorants saw a 2.8X jumpled by Axe and Cinthol. Top Make-Up brands were Lakme, Maybelline and L’orealthat saw a jump of 2.5X.
· InToys, brands like Funskool, Mattel and Hasbro saw a 2.5X jump in sales with RCCars and SoftToys leading the way. Baby Care sold 3.5X of diapers than a normalday in 2017.
· Books,games and media grew close to 2X
· Fitnessfreaks shopped for Sports Nutrition brands 2.5X a normal day in 2017 withOptimum Nutrition and MuscleBlaze leading the sales.
· Pantrycustomers bought 2.5 X of Pantry Boxes than a regular day in 2017. Detergentshave led the way for Household essentials with 4X sales on Day 1.
· Grocersbought 4X times healthier Cooking Oils like Borges and Disano and Chocolatesfor their loved ones.
· Trimmersby Philips and Havels lead the sales of Personal Care Appliances by 4X.
· Furnituregrew at 5X the daily run rate led by Recliners, Sofas, Mattresses andBeds.
· SmallAppliances grew 3X from BAU driven by Mixer Grinders, 6X and Water Purifiers5X. Category also witnessed growth in key brands like Prestige Kent (8X), Preethi(7X) and HUL Pureit (6X). Gas Stoves grew 8X over BAU driven by brands such asPrestige, Sunflame and Pigeon. Thermos and Flasks grew by 7X driven bybrands such as Milton and Cello.
· Treadmill& exercise bikes grew 3X showcasing growing interest of fitness amongstcustomers
· FireTV Stick sold over 15x compared to regular days; Kindle sold over 10x comparedto regular days
· NoCost EMI (6X) & Exchange Schemes (11X) witnessed strong adoption bycustomers
· 3Xmore customers benefited from bank cash back over the Great Indian Sale inJanuary 2017
· Around1000 sellers saw their biggest one-day sale ever during the Great Indian Sale
· Closeto 350 sellers crossed the millionaire mark in just 2 days
· Severalappliance sellers observed astounding 1500% growth in the first two days
· UdaanStores see 14x increase in new customers and 5x increase in sales over lastyear
· 1.4lakh kg of home gyms and dumbbell sets were bought on Amazon.in which isapproximately equal to the weight of 2 Boeing 737 airplanes!
· Indiaadopts safe medicine storage practices - Milton medical boxes saw a 50X growth!