AssetWise Completes Bentley’s CONNECT Edition
India, Bangalore, March 17, 2017: Bentley Systems, Incorporated, a leading global provider of software solutions for advancing infrastructure, today announced AssetWise CONNECT Edition. The CONNECT Editions of AssetWise and ProjectWise provide and share a connected data environment, upgrading a common data environment to fully realize the BIM potential of digital engineering models, created during CAPEX, for continuous benefits throughout the OPEX lifecycle. A connected data environment is vital to infrastructure advancement because CAPEX projects are repeatedly necessitated throughout the TOTEX service life of infrastructure assets to sustain their fitness for purpose—and the continuity of digital engineering models, as their “digital DNA” can be a key enabler. Such a connected data environment therefore advances the convergence of engineering technologies (ET) with information technologies (IT) and operational technologies (OT).
During the Conference keynote by CEO Greg Bentley, the full span of the completed CONNECT Edition was underscored by invited presenters. Ray O’Connor, CEO of Topcon Positioning Group, demonstrated constructioneering, connecting engineers with surveyors and constructors through joint cloud services offerings. Jacques Lubetzki, executive vice president, Europe Zone, Bureau Veritas, then introduced inspectioneering, for engineers to contribute virtually to operations safety and asset integrity. Finally, David Epp, director Global ISV Alliances of Microsoft, described ongoing initiatives within its enabling Azure stack, including “cognitive services” which could be applied dynamically for infrastructure operational intelligence. Such unprecedented BIM advancements have become possible because Bentley’s connected data environment can make the information within digital engineering models secure, open, and live.
AssetWise CONNECT Edition
To uniquely enable comprehensive asset performance, AssetWise CONNECT Edition’s asset lifecycle information management services robustly support the capabilities previously offered separately through:
· APM (formerly Ivara); and
AssetWise offerings are already utilized by 25 of the 50 largest Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners, ranked globally by their net infrastructure value (see BI 500).
AssetWise CONNECT Edition’s connected data environment is made possible by the technologies now in common between design, construction, and operations work: intrinsic 3D geocoordination, accelerated by advances such as Bentley’s reality modeling; engineering precision; self-describing data; information mobility; and work process automation. Accordingly, information maintained through AssetWise CONNECT Edition inherently understands and can act upon its:
· Geospatial context;
· Reality context;
· Network and linear context;
· Digital engineering model context
· change integrity context;
· Reliability context;
· Enterprise IT context; and
· Lifecycle context.
AssetWise CONNECT Edition helps owner-operators manage theirinfrastructure assets for engineering integrity, compliance, and performancemodeling, through these new subscription offerings, sized based on the scope ofassets covered:
· Asset Lifecycle Information Management: providing structuredcontrol of asset information and managed change throughout the asset lifecycle;
· Asset Reliability: reducing risk associated with asset failurethrough proactive inspection and maintenance programs and smarter decisions forimproved asset reliability, integrity, and performance;
· Operational Analytics: automating better operational decisionswith data mining, aggregation, and calculation tools for right-time predictionsand actions; and
· Enterprise Interoperability: facilitating the interoperation ofmultiple data sources for visibility of mission-critical asset information.
CONNECT Edition’s Comprehensive Modeling Environment:Applications
At The Year in Infrastructure 2015 Conference, MicroStation CONNECTEdition and Navigator CONNECT Edition applications were introduced. CONNECTEdition applications advance schema consistency and incorporate MicroStationCONNECT Edition innovations such as functional components and cross-disciplineDocumentation Center, for unprecedented interoperability.
During 2016, a stream of CONNECT Editions of design, analytical,construction, and reality modeling applications have been released includingAutoPipe, Descartes, Pointools, gINT, RM, LARS, SACS, MOSES, MAXSURF, SITEOPS,STAAD, and RAM. OpenRoads ConceptStation was introduced earlier this year, andOpenRoads Designer CONNECT Edition was announced at
The Conference. CONNECT Editions of AECOsim Building Designer,MineCycle, Promis.e, OpenUtilities, and OpenPlant, during the first half of2017, will complete the cycle.
CONNECT Edition applications and services will be accessed by each userthrough Bentley’s new Connection Center, with personalized project profiles,“playbooks,” and dashboards. Significantly, Connection Center takes fulladvantage of Azure cloud services to enable a spectrum of new “just-in-time”personalized services from Bentley software and engineering experts and toassure that CONNECT Edition applications are always up to date.
ProjectWise CONNECT Edition and Commercial Innovations
ProjectWise for worksharing is already used by 44 of the 50 largest, andby 355 of the 641 Engineering News-Record Top Design Firms globally.ProjectWise CONNECT Edition, introduced at The Year in Infrastructure 2015Conference, leverages Azure cloud services to extend its BIM-enablingCollaboration Center capabilities for comprehensive project delivery beyondorganizations and users of on-premises servers. To date in 2017,Azure-provisioned ProjectWise and AssetWise services have achieved availabilityservice levels above 99.8 percent.
CONNECT Edition servers are “UNLIMITED,” with no licensing charges forthose either Azure-provisioned, deployed on-premises, or in any hybridcombination. ProjectWise services are instead charged for the value generatedthrough their “consumption,” based on actual usage determined after everycalendar quarter. Each unique user is charged for a Passport, which“universally” entitles access to, and usage of, connected environment data,including through “apps” for issue resolution, submittal and/or transmittal ofdeliverables, dashboard visibility, and more. Users may also be charged in aquarter for Visas to the extent of their actual usage of additionalfunctionality. Accordingly, ProjectWise user organizations no longer bear fixedcosts and charges are aligned with realized BIM outcomes.
At the Conference, Bentley introduced new ProjectWise CONNECT Editioncloud services for organizations seeking to institutionalize BIM advancements,purposefully propagating best practices in “going digital” through sharedresources:
· Automation Center for standardizing repeatable workflows anddeliverables;
· Components Center to share catalogs and to accumulateintelligence across design, fabrication, asset registry, and reliabilityexperience; and
· Optioneering Center for leveraging parallel computing resources,including for cross-discipline design and analytical scenarios and insights.
ProjectWise CONNECT Edition Visas include:
· Design Integration Visa (work-sharing and integration workflows,to include Automation and Components);
· BIM Review Visa (including Navigator Clash Resolution, ScheduleSimulation);
· BIM Standards Management Visa (to define standard workflowtemplates, Automation, Components, Forms);
· Optioneering Visa;
· Construction Management Visa (EADOC);
· Advanced Work Packaging Visa (ConstructSim); and
· Completions Visa (asset commissioning and handover).
Through Success Plans, Bentley Systems’ expert professionals can bevirtually dedicated, through Azure cloud services, to ensure service levels:
· Enterprise Success Plans assign to Bentley responsibility forProjectWise and/or AssetWise system administration and project provisioning;
· Project (or Business Unit) Success Plans virtually embed BentleyBIM and application experts, engineering-credentialed, to introduce andpropagate BIM advancements, which can include leveraging Automation Center,Components Center, and Optioneering Center.
Uniquely, Success Plan services are also charged at the end of eachquarter, per actual user covered.
Bentley’s Cloud Service Subscription program, a supplement to Bentley’sSELECT Subscription or Enterprise License Subscription, which are for desktopapplications, uniquely enables “consumption-based” charges to work withinpredictable budgeting—without any “use-it-or-lose-it” risk. An annual CloudService Subscription contract value payment can be flexibly applied after eachquarter to cover Passport, Visa, Term License, and/or Success Plan chargesincurred, with any balance carried forward indefinitely.