Celebrate Diwali away from home at these gorgeous spots
While the festival of lights, Diwali, is all about family get-togethers, firework displays, pujas and tasty treats, many of us wish to stay away from the noise and smog and set off to a peaceful destination to enjoy our holidays. For many, Diwali is the most favoured festival to fulfill their travel desires or spend quality time with their families. If you’re one amongst them and are planning a Diwali away from home, then Goomo, India’s leading omni-channel travel tech company is offering some exciting holiday packages with attractive deals. Given below are a few domestic and international holiday destinations to explore during the extended weekend of Diwali.
1. Bhutan-Looking to escape the noise of firecrackers and breathe fresh mountain air?Travel to Bhutan to experience the beauty and tranquility of themountains, lush greenery and the rich flaura and fauna of the Himalayankingdom. Replete with local myths, legends and folktales, especiallysurrounding many of its artistically designed monasteries, Bhutan is sure toamaze you with its distinct culture, scenic trek spots, beautiful dzongs andits local cuisine. Some of the must-see places are Paro Dzong, National Museum,Tiger’s Nest Monastery, Kyichu Lhakhang, Punakha Dzong and Chimi Lhakhang
2. Andaman: Owingto the ever-welcoming weather and the serene shorelines Andaman is always among tourists’ favorites.Scrumptious seafood, beautiful sunset, lush green forests, a fair chance toencounter hidden tribes…the list is an unending one. A haven for honeymooners,adventurous spot for diving lovers and an idyllic island for a peaceful familygetaway, Andaman has it all. To sum up, if you’ve got sunny skies, goldenbeaches, sparkly seas and quaint environs on your mind, get your bags packingfor a trip to Andaman!
3. Singapore: Bestknown for its striking architecture, Singapore is a perfect getaway for tourists lookingforward to having fun and unwinding. Be it the world-class theme park UniversalStudios or Sentosa, the island resort off Singapore’s southern coast, Singaporehas a lot more to explore than its numerous attractions. The Lion City isconstantly reinventing itself making it an impressive spot for people to enjoymulti-cultural experiences. If you're looking to relax and take it easy onholiday, then set off on a cruise tour that covers the most beautiful attractionsof the place. If you wish to celebrate the festival of lights in a foreignland, then Singapore is the place to be, as the streets of Little India will belit up with an alluring array of colorful lights.
4. Dubai: Whetheryour idea of fun is riding a camel or sailing a yacht or hitting the skislopes, Dubai has everything one would want to enjoy on aholiday. From its man-made islands, luxurious shopping malls, sky-risebuildings and multicultural cuisines, tourists can never fall short of optionsin the most populous city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Explore thedifferent sides of Dubai for its tall skyscrapers including the popular, BurjKhalifa, the towering minarets of the imposing Jumeriah Mosque, narrowalleyways of heritage Bastakiya and so much more…Avail 10% discount on yourholiday package from Goomo and make your trip a perfect one in Dubai.
5. Australia: Theperfect combination of beautiful beaches, fantastic food, laid-back cities,extraordinary landscapes, great shopping and so much more! Australia can be a perfect holiday destination forcouples and families looking forward to spending quality time together. WithGoomo offering 10% discount on all their holiday packages to Australia,travelers can book that much-awaited vacation, now! If you have opted for theMelbourne tour, head north-east to the Yarra Valley to explore the lushvineyards or set off to Sydney, one of the most famous cities in Australia toenjoy good food, especially fresh seafood, sparkling beaches and pulsatingnightlife. Else, go on a walking tour around the historic Rocks area to exploreAustralia’s colonial past or just laze your day away on one of those balmybeaches.
6. NewZealand: Home to several Hollywood films, New Zealand’s outstanding scenery and magnificentlandscapes have made it one of the dream destinations amongst tourists. Withadrenaline pumping adventures, coastline tops, cycling and walking trails andcosmopolitan cities, the destination is sure to offer an unmatched experiencefor travelers. This Diwali, treat your taste buds, by booking a wine tourand a wine-tasting class in one of the award-winning wineries of New Zealand.With 10% discount on holiday packages offered by Goomo, delight yourself withthe splendid attractions of the place.
7. Bali: While Bali can be overly touristy, couples can hide away inthe discreet luxe resorts, private pool villas and soak up the tranquility witha pampering spa treatment. Make your journey worthwhile by exploring thetemples, isolated beaches and waterfalls. If you are planning to surprise yourbetter half with a romantic candle light dinner, then spend an evening on arelaxing cruise around Benoa Harbour in South Bali.
8. Rajasthan: Youcan either head to Mount Abu, the lone hill station that boasts of a pleasantclimate all year round or head to Jaipur, for some extravagant experiences and royalpampering in the city’s heritage hotels and resorts. Please the shopaholic inyou by visiting Tripolia Bazaar or Johari Bazaar to stock up on embroideredgarments, semi-precious gems, leather items and handicrafts.
9. Kerala: Theland of coconut trees has long stretches of lush vegetation and enchantingbackwaters making it a perfect holiday spot. You can soak in the beaches, checkinto lakeside resorts or experience the breathtakingly stunning backwaters bybooking a cosy and elegant houseboat all for yourself. Enriched with abundantscenic beauty, Kerala is sure to immerse you in nature’s pristinesplendor!
10. Nilgiris: Ifyou’re looking for a vacation in the hills, then head to the Queen of HillStations, Ooty to immerse yourself in its unparalleled scenic beauty. Theterraced tea gardens, sprawling grasslands, colonial-styled bungalows and loftymountains can offer you a refreshing break from the mundane. Look for a stay inone of those Victorian-styled resorts that overlook the majestic Nilgiri Hills to enjoy nature’s beauty. For adventureseekers, this idyllic tourist destination provides some excellent trekkinglocations too.