CIE@IIITH STARTS NEW COHORTS FOR ITS AVISHKAR AND MEDTECH ACCELERATOR PROGRAMS
8th May 2018, Hyderabad: The AVISHKAR deep tech accelerator programme at CIE@IIITH incubator has selected its6th batch of deep-tech startups. The 4 new startups in this batch follows the 8 startups from the previous 5 cohorts.
The 6-month deep-tech accelerator programme is speciallydesigned for early stage startups building products in the areas of MachineLearning, Image Processing, Robotics, AR/VR, NLP and other sub domains of AI.
They will also gain strategic business coaching, marketaccess and tech mentoring from IIIT-Hyderabad’s research labs.The startups inthis new cohort include:
· HyreLabs– leverages AI to find interview-worthy candidates in minutes
· Rayd8 –an AI based eye disease detection, analysis and monitoring startup
· Mashinga –an intelligent meeting assistant that co-ordinates meetings, can converse andcollaborate locally and remotely, as well as track meeting outcomes.
· Metafact– aims to debunk fake news in real time, increase the metacognition ofsociety and build a trust layer over the internet by harnessing the power ofAI.
Abhishek Kaushal, co founder of Rayd8 says, “IIITH has someof the best research papers published in the field of retinal image analysis.This research work was very complimentary to what we intended to do hence weapplied for the avishkar acceleration. We intend to develop some uniqueclinical diagnostic tools and clinical decision support system tools usingretinal image under the mentorship of IIITH professors which will have a globalmarket."
CIE@IIITH’S 1st batch of Medtech Acceleratorprogram has been started in the BioNest setup with support from BIRAC,Govt of India. The 6-month cohort-based program includes mentorship,connections, investment that culminates into a public pitch event or demo dayto accelerate the growth of early-stage startups in the medical deep techdomain, announced the early stage startups selected for its 1st cohort:
· PsynapceIndia Private Ltd, founded by Raji Harish and Girish Patinharepat hascreated the Savika platform that brings human, technology and product offeringstogether to make pregnancy an enjoyable experience for couples by providingways and means to prepare for, learn and understand the journey.
· PeregrineInnovations, founded by Nimish Mehra will work on designing,development and fabrication of a cost effective, precise and robust powered(bionic) trans femoral (above knee) prosthetic leg. Peregrine uses‘Electrical sensors’ (Rotatory Potentiometers and Piezos) and by placing ‘EMG’(Electromyography) sensors on the residual part of the limb which can capturethe muscle activity.
· OnwardHealth, founded by Dinesh Koka will provide oncology analytics toolsthat will help oncologists look at information of a large volume of patientsand come to accurate clinical diagnosis.
· Pinoty, foundedby Dr. Niranjan Ravuri, has developed a heuristic questionnaire, whichidentifies risk in any user and segregates them accordingly. Every user issubjected to a battery of investigations like blood tests, urine tests, fastinglipid profiles, thyroid levels etc. A baseline ECG, Echocardiography and a USGabdomen are also taken and stored in a HIPPA compliant electronic medicalrecord format for future comparison and measure the developments.
Prof Ramesh Loganathan, COO at IIITHFoundation,ProfessorCo-Innovation and Head Research Outreach says, “Two yearsago, after helping start T-Hub we pivoted IIITH Incubator into a Deeptechincubator. Today our emphasis is on getting a strong research connectwith startups, infusing research insights into their products. We now have over20 startups that engage with our professors and their labs right from advisoryto jointly creating products. A unique initiative in the country where researchis becoming a key part of startup products." IIITHF is the largesttechnology business incubator in the country. Just 10 years sinceits inception, CIE@IIITH has already supported 150 + startups so far.