Connected to India on-boards TV veteran

Singapore, December, 2017 - Singapore headquartered online media company Connected to India has inducted experienced journalist and a 20-year veteran of television industry Punam Sharrma as the co-founder and head of content. Reporting to the Founder and CEO, Punam will lead the team of journalists, video content creation and monetisation efforts for the platform.

“I am thrilled to welcome PunamSharrma to Connected to India. In our debut year we have done a good job ofcreating content for Indians abroad and in particular NRI audiences inSingapore, US, UK and Dubai and connected well with local Indian diaspora.Punam’s addition to the team will drive our efforts of increasing volume ofcontent, new video formats and hyper-local programming. 

We are already in the process ofcreating pilots and talking to brands who want to encash on the flexibility,reach and targeting that digital video content brings with it.” said HimanshuVerma, Founder and CEO, Connected to India. 

Punam started her career in broadcastingwith India Today Group’s flagship brand Aaj Tak, growing within India’s numberone news channel at that time to become an editor and prime time anchor. Shehas also produced and Anchored news shows and programs for  ESPN StarSports, TV Today & India Today. 

An avid sports and cricket fan, Punamwas recognised as the first Indian female news anchor for international sportsbroadcaster at ESPN. 

“I am very excited and lookingforward to working with Connected to India. It is commendable what Himanshu hasachieved in the 1st year. Connected to India has done phenomenal work inestablishing the brand, drawing great traffic and building great partnershipswith some of the top brands in Singapore. 

Given that we have all theseessential pillars in place, our primary focus and endeavour now will be toproduce more quality video content which is both engaging & interactive forthe diaspora and the NRI community.” 

Over the last few months Punam hasbeen working with Connected to India on a range of varied and exciting projectslike Singapore Cricket Club’s Twenty 20 tournament, Esplanade Theatre’s Indianfestival of arts Kalaa Utsavam 2017 and the much awaited ASEAN India PravasiBharatiya Divas to be hosted in Singapore on January 6 and 7, 2018.   

Connected to India differentiatesitself by creating hyper-local, relevant, useful, engaging and entertainingcontent for Indians living abroad. Considering its Singapore origins,currently, 70 percent of the editorial content is catered for Singapore and SEAcountries while the remaining 30 percent for Dubai, US and UK. 

Hyper-relevant content like a recentarticle on Connected to India on Immigration and Checkpoint Authority’s (ICA)decision to welcome only online PR applications received almost 8,000 pageviews in a few days. Or an entertainment story around a Hindi theatre festivalgarnered over 4,000 page views.


  (0)   Comment