DHFL Q4 Net Profit up by 26% at INR 312.4 Crore
Mumbai, April 30, 2018: DHFL, one of India’s leading housing finance company, today announced its annual results for the year ended March 31, 2018. The company registered a net profit growth of 26 % to Rs 1,172.1 crore for the year ended March 31, 2018.
DHFLhas registered robust business growth in the fourth quarter as we continue totake several proactive steps towards the fulfillment of DHFL’s mission toenable homeownership. On an overall basis FY 2017 -18 has been encouraging forthe housing finance sector which witnessed several growth oriented initiativesand industry defining policy measures undertaken by the government.
DHFL’s focus is towards maintainingits leadership in an exciting landscape, leveraging its competitive strengthsand expanding customer outreach strategies in Tier 2 /3 towns through uniqueinitiatives like the Griha Utsav exhibitions. With the team’s unwavering commitmentwe are confident of reporting a stronger performance.
On the portfolio diversification side, DHFLhas for the first time successfully raised USD 150 million by issuing masalabonds on the London Stock Exchange, making it’s debut listing in theinternational market. This provides greater impetus to our growth strategy,while allowing international investors to participate in the high potentialaffordable housing story in India.
DHFL’s mission is to engendersocio-economic change across India. Supported by our strategic expansioninitiatives, DHFL is taking committed steps in expanding financial literacyactively across India, which is key to India achieving its mission of HousingFor All by 2022.”
PerformanceDetails for the year ended March 31, 2018 as compared to the correspondingperiod of the previous year
- Net profit increased by 26% to Rs. 1,172.1 crore for the year ended March 31, 2018 as against Rs. 927.0 crore in FY17
- Profit before tax rose by 25 % to Rs. 1,756.6 crore for the year ended March 31, 2018 as against Rs. 1,402.4 crore in FY17
- Loan Book Outstanding grew 28% to Rs. 91,932 crore for the year ended March 31, 2018 as against Rs. 72,096 crore in FY17
- Total Income up by 18 % to Rs 10,464.5 crore for the year ended March 31, 2018 as against Rs. 8,857.2 crore in FY17
- Net Interest Margin stood at 3.04%
Performance Details for the quarter endedMarch 31, 2018 as compared to the corresponding period of the previous year:
- Net profit increased by 26% to 312.4 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 as against Rs 248.2 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- Profit before tax rose by 28 % to Rs 479.9 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 as against Rs 375.6 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- Loan book outstanding grew 28 % to Rs. 91,932 crore during the quarter ended March 31, 2018 as against Rs 72,096 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- Loan disbursements were Rs 15,768 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2018, showing an increase of 81% over the corresponding period of the previous year
- Total Income was up by 18% to Rs. 2,808.2 crore during the quarter ended March 31, 2018 as against Rs 2,377.7 crore in the corresponding quarter of the previous year
- Gross NPA stood at 0.96 % .
- Net Interest Margin stood at 3.03%.
DHFL holdsleadership position in the affordable housing sector with majority of its home loanportfolio catering to the Lower and Middle Income (LMI) segment.DHFL’s average loanticket size at the portfolio level stands at Rs. 15.2 lakhs. DHFL’s robustperformance continues to be driven by its’s strong focus on the LMI segment inTier 2 and 3 markets. The company offers a range of home loan productsincluding home loan, home extension loan, home improvement loan, plot loans,mortgage loan, project loan, SME Loan and non-residential property loan to allcustomer segments across India, retaining its concerted focus on the low andmiddle income segment.
- Raised USD 150 million through the issuance of masala bonds - In a landmark development, for the first time in its history, DHFL successfully raised USD 150 million through the issuance of masala bonds on the London Stock Exchange, which is an excellent platform for Indian issuers. This is DHFL’s debut listing in an international stock market, allowing DHFL to diversify its fund raising strategy as well as offering international investors an opportunity to participate in the high growth potential of the Indian affordable housing story.
- Proposal of raising of funds by way of a public issue of Secured Redeemable Non-Convertible Debentures (“NCDs”) of face value Rs. 1,000 each, subject to the receipt of necessary approvals, for an amount upto Rs.15,000 crore (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Crore only) (including the green shoe option), in one or more tranches, in terms of the provisions of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Issue and Listing of Debt Securities) Regulations, 2008, the Companies Act 2013 and other applicable laws (the “Issue”).
- DHFL Griha Utsav - Successfully conducted 31 Griha Utsav exhibitions in the financial year 2017-18, which saw overwhelming participation from local customers and several affordable housing developers. Planning to host 100 Griha Utsav exhibitions in the new fiscal. Provided attractive offers including waivers on processing fees, spot sanctions on home loans and attractive interest rate, while introducing the DHFL brand to LMI customers across India.
· Distribution Network
DHFL is today one of India’s leading housing financecompanies reporting steady growth year-on-year. It also has one of the largestdistribution networks in the country, across 349 locations spanning metros,Tier 2 and3 towns. With the help of such penetration, in-depth consumerinsights, localized talent, focused marketing and sales initiatives, DHFL hasbeen providing meaningful financial access to customers. To further expandcustomer outreach, DHFL also partners with public and private sector banks
Awards & Recognition
· With theobjective of facilitating thegovernment’s mission ‘Housing for All by 2020’,DHFL has provided highestnumber of credit subsidies for MIG 1 and MIG 2 groupsunder the Credit LinkSubsidy Scheme (CLSS). For thisachievement ‘My Liveable City’ along with knowledge partner,‘National HousingBank’ have felicitated DHFL as the ‘Best Performing PrimaryLending Institutionunder CLSS for MIG.
· KapilWadhawan awarded the Best Leader In Financial Services by Business Today -DHFL’s Chairman and Managing Director, Kapil Wadhawan was awarded the title ofBest CEO in the Financial Services category by Business Today, at their flagshipevent BT MindRush on January 13, 2018. Mr. Wadhawan was unanimously chosen by ahigh-powered jury, based on a rigorous evaluation of DHFL’s performance underhis leadership over the past three decades. Aquantitative and qualitativeassessment of the group’s total stakeholder returns, revenue and profit growthwas conducted to arrive at this decision.