Missouri University, announces admissions for ‘Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Technology
Bengaluru , December 28th , 2016: Missouri State University (MSU), long-established university of mid-west US, has invited applications for its Technical Studies Graduate Programme - Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET). The Missouri State MET degree prepares students for a high skill, high demand, high growth, and high paying career.
Elaborating on the programme, Col (R) Stephen H Robinette, Associate Vice President – International Programs at Missouri State University said, “The MET programme has emerged as one of the most preferred programme by international students looking for a career in engineering and related fields. Because of the programme’s interdisciplinary nature, students with a MET degree can find themselves working with aerospace systems, automotive performance, mechanisms and devices, energy and sustainability, automation and control, to name a few.”
The course integrates simulative training on how scientists carry out research works and how teachers and students could conduct similar research in classrooms, while learning about traditional and current science theories and standards. The programme is designed for motivated candidates who have attained an average of 60% or above in class 10, 11 and 12th exams. Students can take course work that builds competencies in other fields also such as in organizational communication, information systems, personnel issues, legal/political issues, budgeting, and research design/methods.“Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MET) at MSU is one of its kind and fully accredited programme in technical services. It is crafted for individuals who are willing to pursue a degree with specializations in various cross-disciplinary areas like mechanisms and devices, energy and sustainability, automation and control etc” addedCol (R) Stephen H Robinette., while explaining about the credibility of the programme and eligibility criteria for admissions.
Why choose MET at MSUAt Missouri State University, Mechanical Engineering Technologystudents take a hands-on approach to learning.
· Design: Studentsclassroom experience is complemented by real design projects. A student willuse advanced analytical techniques, as well as sophisticated software to embodythe mechanism designs that they create.
· Build: METstudents work in the university’s advanced Product Realization Facility tobuild the machines they have designed.
· Test: Throughphysical testing in the University’s Processes Laboratory to verify thestrength of the components the students have designed, software simulations andusing analytical methods, MET candidates validate and verify their designs anddevices.
· Deploy: METcandidates put the mechanisms they have created in service in real worldsettings.
The curriculum facilitates a combinationof quality teaching, with experience through internship andservice-learning opportunities to promote faculty involvement and to providevital job skills.
Who can apply?
• Anaverage of 60% (or above) in class 10, 11 and 12 exams
• Studentsmust have a science background with an emphasis in Math, Physics and Chemistry
• TOEFL-iBTscore of 61 or higher; IELTS score 5.5 or higher
• SATscore of at least 1200.
Date of commencement:
The session of the programme will start in the firstweek of January 2017. Last date to submit completed applications is 1st November 2016. For the Fall 2017 intake, the last date to apply is30th April 2017.
The tuition fees for undergraduate courses are US$12000 and for graduate courses is US $10,000, per year.