Palo Alto Networks Announces Availability of New Cloud-Based Logging Service
Bangalore, India, Sept 27, 2017 – Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the next-generation security company, today announced the availability of its new cloud-basedLogging Service, which allows customers to amass large amounts of their own data from the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform. This new service is designed for machine learning and advanced analytics in order to correlate potential threats and prevent successful cyber breaches. Cyber security products are generating massive amounts of valuable data in the form of logs, which can be used to surface evasive threats. Yet traditional hardware-based log collection comes with administrative overhead and scale limitations that make otherwise useful data unwieldy or unavailable. Complex integrations are often required to utilize stored logs across various security applications, making it difficult to implement cross-product workflows and generate correlated insights.
Today’sorganizations require the ability to store, process and analyze as much logdata as possible to obtain comprehensive visibility across their infrastructureand convert their data into actionable insights.
With the Palo AltoNetworks Logging Service, organizations are no longer restricted by hardwarecapacity to meet the demands of the business. Logging Service provides acentralized and scalable logging infrastructure without operational overhead,allowing customers to collect log data without local compute and storagelimitations. This cloud-based service changes the economics of collecting logdata, and makes it affordable to collect and store as much data as required.
Additionally, theforthcoming Palo Alto Networks Application Framework, which will enablecustomers to rapidly consume and implement a variety of innovative cloud-basedsecurity applications, will access and utilize their own valuable log datacentrally via Logging Service. This new functionality will extend thecapabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platformwithout requiring additional infrastructure.
- “The operational overhead of managing hardware to collect logs means that today’s organizations are unable to efficiently collect large amounts of data, with many being unable to action the data they do collect. With Palo Alto Networks Logging Service, organizations can deploy quickly, share information between different applications and sensors, and scale their capacity on a dime, empowering them with enhanced capabilities to spot and prevent successful cyberattacks.”
- ZeusKerravala, founder and principal analyst, ZK Research
- “As the foundation for the forthcoming Palo Alto Networks Application Framework, Logging Service delivers both scale and advanced functionality for organizations of any size. This new offering significantly reduces the complexity and economics of log management, enabling customers to make better correlations, and effectively respond to and prevent successful cyberattacks.”
· LeeKlarich, chief product officer, Palo Alto Networks
Key benefits ofLogging Service include:
- Central repository for events, traffic and security logs: Logging Service provides a cloud-based central repository for context-rich logs generated by the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Platform.
- Simplified operations: Logging Service simplifies the procurement, deployment and ongoing management of storage and compute infrastructure for event, traffic and security logs, eliminating the complexity of planning and operating logging capacity.
- Increased business responsiveness: Organizations can procure and deploy logging capacity quickly via a flexible model that allows organizations to become more responsive to changes in logging needs due to unforeseen business circumstances or new compliance requirements.
- Actionable insights: As part of the Application Framework, customers can use log data within new security applications to apply machine learning and advanced analytics, and can take security enforcement actions in concert with Palo Alto Networks enforcement points to prevent advanced attacks.
Logging service isgenerally available to Palo Alto Networks customers.