Q1 FY18 Consolidated operating income at Rs. 5,211 mn (YoY of 15.3%) with EBITDA of Rs. 556 mn
Bengaluru, India, August 3, 2017 – Narayana Hrudayalaya Limited, a leading healthcare service provider in India, today announced its financial results for the first quarter (Q1 FY18) ended June 30th, 2017. Financial Highlights for the Quarter (Q1 FY18) - Prepared in accordance with Ind AS (‘Indian Accounting Standards’) • Consolidated total operating income was Rs. 5,211 mn as against Rs. 4,520 mn in Q1 FY17, reflecting an increase of 15.3% • Consolidated EBITDA stood at Rs. 556 mn, reflecting a margin of 10.7% as against Rs. 559 mn in Q1 FY17. • PAT after minority interest and share of loss in associates stood at Rs. 109 mn as compared to Rs. 172 mn in Q1 FY17. As on June 30th, 2017, the consolidated net debt was Rs. 2,839 mn representing a net debt to equity ratio of 0.29.
Key Highlights during the Quarter
· NH won BW Business World Digital India Award for “Most Innovative Citizen Engagement through Technology” in May 2017 and also featured in “India's Top 500 Companies 2017” list by Dun & Bradstreet in June 2017.
· A rare case of a 5 year old boy with fulminant hepatic failure was treated with an emergency liver transplant procedure at Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center, Bengaluru.
· Narayana Superspecialty Hospital, Howrah, the leading oncology provider in the eastern region, continued to perform cutting-edge clinical work across multi-speciality domains with complex ‘Arterial Switch’ paediatric surgery being performed to treat life-threatening heart condition.
· Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Jammu celebrated its first anniversary and treated more than 1 lakh patients and performed ~1,800 surgeries within its first year of operations.
· Extending advanced clinical programs beyond the metros, a minimal invasive surgery like TAVI was performed at Narayana Multispecialty Hospital, Mysore, first of its kind in the city.
· NH commissioned 207 bedded SRCC Narayana Hospital at Haji Ali, Mumbai which is a premier one-of-its kind paediatric facility.· NH acquired a near-complete ~230 bedded hospital in Gurugram which is expected to be commissioned in next 7 months.
ManagementCommentCommentingon the performance, Dr. Ashutosh Raghuvanshi, Vice Chairman, ManagingDirector and Group CEO, Narayana Hrudayalaya Limited, said “Ourperformance this quarter is in line with our expectation amidst theunpredictable and challenging regulatory environment whose effects we foreseeto continue over the near to medium term. While there has been an impact due tocurb on cardiac stent pricing along with commissioning of our new facility inMumbai, we remain on-track to deliver affordable quality healthcare to all withour distinguished business model. We continue to be excited to consolidate ourfootprints across the length and breadth of the country to charter the nextphase of growth. Overall, we believe that our long-term growth potentialremains intact as Indian healthcare sector is undergoing a major overhaulproviding us with plethora of opportunities.”