Tata Motors ‘Ghar Lao Gold’ Contest winners felicitated by Akshay Kumar
India, October 26, 2018: Encouraging self-employment and entrepreneurship in India, Tata Motors is excited to announce the winners of the ‘Ghar Lao Gold’ contest – a competition aimed to discover entrepreneurs with the most creative ideas, comprising the Tata Ace Gold. The five winners have each won a brand-new Tata Ace Gold worth Rs. 3.78 lakhs handed over by the superstar and brand ambassador of Tata Motors Commercial Vehicles, Akshay Kumar. The winners and the budding entrepreneurs, with the legendary Tata Ace Gold will look to implement their innovative ideas and turn it into a reality.
Congratulating the winners on their entrepreneurial outlook, Mr. UT Ramprasad, Head – Marketing and Brand Communications, Commercial Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors said, “A winner is someone who recognizes his talents, works towards developing them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals. Our Ghar Lao Gold campaign was aimed at fostering entrepreneurship, across the country. Through this campaign, we realized that India has a huge talent pool with unconventional ideas, but because of limited resources not everyone is able to showcase their creativity. We sincerely hope Tata Motors Ace Gold can catalyse their ideas into something brilliant for themselves and the society at large. We would like to congratulate the budding entrepreneurs for their creative ideas and look forward to assisting them in achieving their goals.”
The #GharLaoGoldContest received an overwhelming response with over 25,600 entries in just a span of two months. All the top 19 finalists were mentored by a group of esteemed judges and the top 5 winning business ideas were adjudged as the champions. Extending its sincere thanks to all the applicants, Tata Motors will be assisting each of them as they expand their creative ideas.
Here is a brief introduction of the 5 budding entrepreneurs, who participate and emerged victorious in the Ghar Lao Gold contest. Out of 25,600 participants, this outstanding bunch proved their mettle.
1. Anish Kumar – A well-qualified Mechanical Engineer who belongs to Patna, Bihar. He wants to pursue his dream while serving the society at large. His idea is to start a road repairing business where he aims to repair potholes. According to Anish, these potholes on the road cause numerous accidents every year. He envisions becoming India’s largest ‘quality’ road repairing contractor in the coming years.
2. Rahul Tak – He hails from Ajmer, Rajasthan and is an expert in servicing the heart of electrical transformers, which is called OLTC (On Load and No Load Tap Changer). The OLTC requires servicing and small quantity of transformer oil periodically. Rahul’s business idea is to install a small servicing unit in Tata Ace Gold and service transformers across the length and breadth of his district and expand it further over the years.
3. Roma Roy – The wife of an NTPC employee based in Korba, Chhatisgarh, and this homemaker’s dream is to start a mobile theme-based restaurant. Her business venture will be one of a kind in the remote are where she lives with over 300 other families.
4. Gurinder Singh – A 51 year old automobile spare parts marketing professional from Delhi, who left his job of 20 years to venture on his own. His idea with Tata Ace Gold is to establish his own automobile spare parts logistics business from scratch.
5. Aniketh Roy – A local boy from a small village in Silchar, Assam known as Saidpur. The area has poor infrastructure with almost non-existent roads. His great vision is to help all the farmers in his village by transporting their agricultural produce to the nearest town. They are currently managing this with great difficulty. A lot of produce gets wasted because it is not transported in time. He wishes to expand his venture to the farmers in nearby villages in the future.
On an average, in every 3 minutes, an Ace has created a new business, generated employment and inspired entrepreneurship opportunities, thus transforming lives in the remotest areas in India. Strategically designed to perform all tasks for the last mile movement, the Ace continues to remain the preferred choice of Indian entrepreneurs and small businesses in the country. Through the ‘Ghar Lao Gold’ contest, Tata Motors continues to inspire the new generation of up-and-coming entrepreneurs.