Toyota Kirloskar Motor kicks off “Safety Experiential Drive Camp” in Bangalore
Bangalore, August 24th 2017: Reiterating its position as a global automotive safety leader, Toyota Kirloskar Motor organized the “Toyota Etios Safety Experiential Drive” in Bangalore to showcase the unbeatable safety features and unmatched performance of the Etios series. The camp will be open for customers over a period of 9 days for existing and prospective customers to test the safety competencies of the Etios series by steering across a curated track, under the supervision of expert drivers. The 9 day long Safety Camp will comprise of a plethora of engagement activities for the customers and their families to create awareness on safety features, safety mindset, pedestrian safety, road safety, driver safety, vehicle safety.
The event,conducted in a special setup, has been designed to offer an exciting driveexperience to participants that allows them to drive on an all-terraintrack with speed bump, sand patch, wet patch, rumbler. According tothe data, the total number of road deaths was nearly 1.51 lakh in 2016 ascompared to 1.46 lakh in 2015. About 68% of the total number of people killedwere in the age group of 18-45 years, which is the most productiveage.According to the data, the total number of road deaths was nearly 1.51 lakhin 2016 as compared to 1.46 lakh in 2015. About 68% of the total number ofpeople killed were in the age group of 18-45 years, which is the mostproductive age. According to the data, the total number of road deaths wasnearly 1.51 lakh in 2016 as compared to 1.46 lakh in 2015. About 68% of the totalnumber of people killed were in the age group of 18-45 years, which is the mostproductive age.The drive brought to the fore an array of safety featuressuch as SRS Dual Airbags (through Virtual Reality), Headrest for all 5 seats,Skid Control, Child Seat, 3 point seat belt for all 5 seats.
Withdistinctive features like a larger cabin and luggage space, high fuel economyand low ownership cost, the Etios series reflects Toyota’s unique promise ofdelivering Quality, Durability & Reliability (QDR). Etios was thefirst in the industry to have standardized dual airbags across all grades,which in itself speaks about the importance Toyota lays on the safety of Indiancustomers. Etios series sets a safety benchmark in the industry withunbeatable safety features assuring safety of both driver and passenger.
- Anti lock braking system - prevents the wheels from locking up and hence avoids skidding
- Electronic Brake force Distribution - It ensures [automatically] that brake force is distributed to each wheel depending on load distribution [during acceleration, cornering, climbing hill etc.]
- Dual SRS Airbags (D+P) - Designed to supplement the seatbelt system and improve occupant protection
- Child Seat [Isofix] - ISOFIX is a child car seat attachment system which uses metal bar connectors built into the car frame to connect to the child car seat
- Emergency Locking Retractor & Warning - ELR is a seat belt retractor that locks only in response to the rapid deceleration of a vehicle or if rapid force is applied to the seat belt
- Middle rear 3-point seatbelt - In case of frontal impact, it provides support to the upper body and hence reduces injuries
- Middle Rear Head Rest- Provides support to the passengers head [restricting movement, avoids Whiplash] in case of frontal impact
- Front Pre-tensioner Force Limiter Seat Belts - Mitigates impact applied to the chest & contributes to excellent occupant restraint Performance
- Collapsible Steering – Activates on frontal impact and avoids injury to the driver
- THUMS - It is an accurate simulation of the human body, including organs, tendons and bones. It is an integral part of designing Toyota safety features to protect the vulnerable body parts in an accident
- Impact Absorbing Body - The body absorbs the impact and protects the passengers [front and rear] during collision
- Central Locking System on Dashboard – Earlier placed on the driver side door central locking system, in the Etios series, has been thoughtfully shifted to the dashboard. This is to mitigate the chance of the central locking system getting damaged in case of a side door collision.
- Side Impact Beam – Protects passengers in a side impact collision.
Testimony toits position as one of the segment leaders in terms of passenger safety, theEtios was presented with the coveted 4 Stars in Global NCAP Crash Test adultoccupant safety for the year 2016.
According toreports, the total number of road deaths was nearly 1.51 lakhs in 2016 ascompared to 1.46 lakhs in 2015. About 68% of the total number killed were inthe age group of 18-45 years, which is the most productive age. Apart frommaking safest cars Toyota Has been consistently associated with nationwidesafety campaigns since 2005 to bring in the right safety sense in the nation.With the ‘Safety Experiential Drive’ Toyota further aims to sensitize Toyotacar owners on the importance of safety features and make the Toyota customerssafety ambassadors of the city.
Sharing histhoughts on the drive, Mr. Akitoshi Takemura, Senior Vice President,Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd said, “As Safety leaders in theindustry it is our primary mission to ensure safest cars with safest drivers inthe country and significantly reduce the traffic accidents with our safetyinitiatives. Concern over safety has slowly emerged as one ofthe crucial driving factor determining the purchase decision for thetraditional value conscious Indian customers today. Customers initially wouldprioritize music system over airbags. The consistent efforts by dealers and ourextensive safety related customer campaigns about safety measures has proven tobe helpful.
We believeto eliminate traffic casualties developing safe cars is of course important,but it is also essential to educate the drivers to create a safe trafficenvironment.
The SafetyExperiential drive gives us an opportunity to connect with our customers alongwith their families and spread necessary awareness about important aspects ofroad safety. Customers along with their family will be educated not onlyabout the key safety features but also the right safety mindset and behavior tohelp make the roads of Namma Bengaluru more safer,” he added.