Twitter Introduces Over 35 Premium Video Content Partnerships To Asia Pacific
INDIA (September 14, 2017) — Twitter, the first place to see what’s happening, unveiled a robust slate of premium live and in-stream video content deals across sports, news and entertainment this morning at All That Matters. Over 35 collaborations were announced, bringing hundreds of hours of new exclusive video and live original programming, live games and events to the platform. The announcement includes extensions of existing global live deals and brings new always-on premium video content on Twitter to advertisers in Asia Pacific. In relation, Twitter rolls out in-stream video advertising offering to the region starting with Australia - more details here.
Twitterexecutives including Global VP of Revenue & Operations Matthew Derella,Managing Director of Asia Pacific Maya Hari, and Director for LivePartnerships, Bo Han, presented the video content offerings to brand and agencypartners. They were joined by guest speakers including Dan Rosen, CEO, ARIA,Anjali Kapoor, Head of Digital, Asia Pacific - Bloomberg LP, Alexander Broun,Director, Digital solutions APAC at FOX Sports, Diane Ho, Head of Screens,Seven West Media Limited, among others.
“Live is atthe core of Twitter. In Q2, we streamed over 1,200 hours of live premiumcontent globally from leading brands across sports, esports, news, andentertainment,” said Matthew Derella, Global VP of Revenue & Operations,Twitter. “Asia Pacific is the growth engine of Twitter and we could not beprouder to extend our success with both live streaming and in-stream premiumvideo content in the region.”
"Digitalvideo consumption is growing rapidly in Asia Pacific and estimated to grow toover a billion by 2020,” said Maya Hari, Managing Director of Asia Pacific,Twitter. “Introducing over 35 live and in-stream video sponsorship deals todayto APAC advertisers will strengthen the success of our only-on-Twitterexperience in the region and globally, combining high quality streaming videowith conversation on what’s happening in the world right now."
Attendees weregiven an overview of the different ways marketers can “be what’s happening” byadvertising against premium video content to influential, connected audiences.New live and in-stream video content announced on stage included the following:
● InternationalCricket Council (ICC): Cricket is the most popular sport in multiple AsiaPacific countries, and Twitter lights up around international matches everyyear. Fans will be able to experience replays and highlight videos on Twitterfrom the International Cricket Council (@ICC)’s events in 2018.
● Channel 7Sports: Tennis fans in Australia will get a closer look at the first tennisgrand slam of the year via @7tennis on Twitter as they bring highlights andvideos from the Australian Open throughout the two weeks of the event.
● SportsAsia: Fox Sports Asia (@FOXSportsAsia) is one of the region’s largest sportsbroadcasters and have been leaders in the production of snackable video contentfor fans on Twitter. From the US Open tennis to Asian football, motorsport togolf, Fox Sports Asia will be bringing fans their most premium real-timehighlights videos on Twitter in 2017 and 2018.
● RiotGames: Riot Games (@RiotGames) is Twitter Australia’s partner on League of Legends,the world's highest participation eSports title. The partnership has seen twofull Live stream experiences for League of Origin and Oceanic Premier LeagueGrand Final, as well as ten live broadcasts via Periscope Producer. Thepartnership will see more eSports action coming for fans in the Asia Pacificregion.
● KBS Music Bank Weekly Shows: KPop isabsolutely massive on Twitter, and Twitter is teaming up with one of SouthKorea’s biggest broadcasters, KBS World TV (@KBSWorldTV), to reward KPop fanson the platform. KBS World TV and Twitter will livestream an original KPopcontent ‘Music Bank’ series every week from Oct, 2017. KPop fans on Twitter canenjoy live streamed performances of popular KPOP bands like BTS, EXO, TWICE,Got7 and newly emerging groups.
●FilmfareAwards: India’s most established and most popular Bollywood Awards willcontinue to strengthen the partnership with Twitter in 2018 with nominationannouncements, Red Carpet clips, behind the scenes action and exclusiveinteraction with winners. This year, as a first for any Indian awards,Bollywood fans across the globe will get to watch a premium live stream onTwitter from a special show around the Filmfare Awards (@Filmfare).
● ARIAAwards: The ARIA Awards (@ARIA_Official) are one of the premiere entertainmentevents in Asia Pacific, honouring Australia’s top artists and biggest globalstars. In 2016, we saw #ARIAs trend globally on Twitter, as users had their sayby voting for an award exclusively on the platform. This year, ARIA and Twitterraise the bar with the partnership again, broadcasting the ARIA Awards RedCarpet coverage exclusively live on Twitter around the world. No matter whereyou are, Twitter will bring you a front row seat to the ARIAs action.
●Bloomberg Asia Pacific: Bloomberg(@BloombergAsia) will be bringing its unrivaled Asia Pacific programming fromdaily market updates, the latest technology news, to bi-lingual businessinsights from Japan, to Twitter. This new in-stream video collaboration willreinvent the digital breaking news experience and offer new opportunities forbrands to align with Bloomberg’s premium content.
●BuzzfeedJapan: BuzzFeed Japan (@BuzzFeedJapan) is cooking up a storm in one of thetastiest nations on earth. @TastyJapan will be serving up new and originalcooking video series exclusively on Twitter, offering the best recipes, tipsand secret ingredients in snackable video Tweets. The in-stream videocollaboration is an extension of our partnership with Buzzfeed globally.
● Network18: Network 18 is India's leading media conglomerate across financial, general and digital news, with channelsincluding CNN-News18 (CNN's India affiliate), CNBC-TV18 (CNBC's Indiaaffiliate) and firstpost.com. Building on their successful partnership forBudget Day 2017, Network18 and Twitter are working to expand their partnershipfor Budget 2018.
"We'reexcited to be embarking on this journey with Twitter to reinvent the digitalbreaking news experience. By combining Bloomberg's high-quality journalism anddata-backed objectivity with Twitter's global immediacy, we are creating theworld's fastest and most credible modern news source."
Anjali Kapoor, Head of Digital, APAC,Bloomberg
"We, atWorldwide Media are pleased to associate with Twitter once again for theFilmfare Awards. Last year, we explored some never-before-seen opportunitieswith Twitter such as introducing first ever emoji for any Indian awards. Thisyear too we look forward to bring exciting and out-of-the-box ideas to engagethe huge number of Filmfare fans. This partnership will further enhance themassive reach of Filmfare Awards." - Deepak Lamba, Chief ExecutiveOfficer, Worldwide Media Pvt. Ltd.
“As aleading media and entertainment company we offer news and original contentrelevant to the evolving needs of the Indian consumers. People come to Twitterwith a discovery mode and Network 18’s current affairs, financial news andoriginal content will offer them a unique glimpse into what’s happening in theworld right now. Our interesting perspectives and powerful storytelling,aligned to Twitter’s real-time engagement and reach will create more value forour viewers.” - Avinash Kaul, Managing Director, A+E Networks | TV18 andPresident - Strategy, Product & Alliances - Network18
“Ourphilosophy at Riot Games is that we put the player-experience first. We wantour players to have choice when it comes to where they watch their esports andto be able to watch on the platform that provides them with the the interactiveexperience they prefer. Twitter allows fans to connect with each other and theevent in a unique way which the stats show they're enjoying."