Unveiling the strings of infidelity in India
New Delhi, 26th February 2020: Gleeden; India’s first discreet extramarital dating app today revealed a detailed survey report on the perception & reasons behind Indians committing Infidelity.
The survey has beencommissioned to IPSOS, one of the most important global market research and consulting firm worldwide. It was conducted online on a sample size of over 1500 people from across major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune and Ahmedabad. Also, the target respondents were married individuals between the age group of 25-50 years.
The results of the survey bring abruptly into light what really happens behind closed doors of Indian couples and are enough to break the taboo about women Infidelity in the country:
· 55% of Indian have already cheated on their spouses, especially women (56%).
· 49% of married people in India confessed of having had an intimate relationship with someone other than the spouse, while almost 5 out of 10 have already indulged in casual sex (47%) or one-night stands (46%).
· Indian women are the most uninhibited towards infidelity: 41% of them admitted of having had regular sexual intercourses with someone other than the spouse, against a 26% of men admitting the same.
· 53% of Indian married women admitted having already had an intimate relationship outside their marriage, against a 43% of men: having a lover is common practice among married people.
· In fact, 48% of Indians believe that is indeed possible to be in love with two people at the same time, while the 46% think that it’s possible to be cheating on a person while still be in love with him/her.· This is probably why Indians are ready to forgive their partner in case they found out about the affair: 37% would forgive the partner without a second thought, while the 40% if the circumstances were extenuating. Similarly, they expect to be forgiven by their partner (69%).
Speaking on the occasion Ms. SolenePaillet, Marketing Director of Gleeden states that “Indian women seem particularly open minded about infidelity, especially when it involves romance. Gleeden offers a virtual environment where start a new love story with like-minded individuals without the downside of a real-life affair. Women can have the full romantic experience, resting ensured that their privacy will be fully protected, and their secret will remain safe. That’s why Gleeden is attracting a bigger number of female users every day: it provides them with privacy, discretion, and a choice of partners way beyond their usual circles”
Gleeden started its operations in India in the Spring of 2017 and today it has surpassed 8 lakh active Indian users. It aims at helping individuals who are stuck in unmeaningful/unhealthy relationships by providing them a second door where they can meet likeminded individuals and start a new journey. Their popularity can be noticed from the fact that the platform has seen a rise in its traffic of 567% in the past two and a half years.
Speaking about the company’s growth in India, Ms. Sybil Shiddell, Country Manager India for Gleeden states that “We are elated with response received from the Indian audienceand after seeing the results of this study we are easily understanding why. Gleedenresponds to an urge that is very present within the Indian society, especially in the big metropolitan areas which have been growing non-stop over the past two and a half years. India is our fastest growing country today. This study helps us to better understand the Indian society and its perspective towards infidelity and online extramarital dating. This is precious knowledge and it will be beneficial to consolidate our brand presence in the country”.